Chris' Genty

Chris' Genty

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Trip to Rodeo, NM

Todays trip was a 121 mile ride via Tombstone and Bisbee to Douglas (the most southern city in AZ). From Douglas AZ-80 turned north again on the eastern side of the Pendregosa Mountains. The ride continued with a stop at the Geronimo Surrender Memorial in Apache, AZ to Rodeo, NM.


At Rusty's RV Ranch near Rodeo I settled at a 200 ft long site with full hookups for $12 + tax with Passport America. What a deal ! This park has only 40 sites but they are all huge pull throughs. At the happy hour outside of the office with Rusty, the owner and her parents, who are helping her to run the RV park I already met a few of the residents. A very familiar atmosphere for sure.

This area is well known for sky gazers and birders. Some of those activities will be on my plan for the following days, although I am not a sky gazer nor a birder, but it never hurts to learn something new. On the program is also a visit to the Chiricahua National Monument in the Chiricahua Mountains, which are part of the 306° view I have from my site.

A few photos of the trip are here.

Location:
31.9285N 109.0392W 4161 ft