Chris' Genty

Chris' Genty

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A full week in Yuma

Saturday (2/26) I relaxed and tried to recover from the pain caused by yesterdays tooth extraction. Sunday, I felt much better already an I spent the day watching TV and reading the Swiss Sunday papers online. Late afternoon I met again with my friends Joan and Heinz at their spot at the Pueblo RV Park. I brought some fondue from Switzerland and we repeated the "Fondue-Plausch" from last year. Although we do not have a proper caquelon, we cooked the fondue in a pan and kept it warm in a crock pot. We all enjoyed it as well as the Kirsch (also from Switzerland) and the Lara (coffee liquor from Mexico).

Tuesday I had my friends over at my spot at the Southern Mesa RV park and I made a fish curry with rice and a fresh fruit salad. Another nice evening together, but unfortunately it was the last one, since my friends left Wednesday for El Centro, CA and then home to Canada. That's the life of the snowbirds. In the spring when it get hot in the desert, they fly home to Canada.

The rest of the week, I did some minor repair, maintenance jobs, cleaning, etc. Nothing special to report though.